Incense, wax melts, and other scents

Firuthi Dragovic

Supporter
31 December 2022
New York (NOT City)
So... I've had a bunch of sticks of incense stored away for a while, and also have a wax melter that hasn't been used in a while. It's time to pare some of this down... but I seem to be the only one in my family who puts up with this stuff.

So now that it's not winter here (meaning I can air the place out if I overdo it without freezing everything), here I am trying to use up some of this incense.

I've got about eight types right now, including lavender (great), frankincense & myrrh (maybe I've been holding these sticks too long cause I don't notice the smell of this), and... ugh.... patchouli. No, seriously, patchouli's just awful compared to other incense, at least for me.

Anyone else bother with this incense or wax melt stuff? If so, can anyone give recommendations?

Reactions: Bunny Lvr
I love scented wax! I tend to go towards season (cinnamon/spice Christmas, pumpkin fall, ect) but also love the warm baking foods (cookies, pies, ect). I always love a vanilla and lilac.

I have an absolutely gigantic box of incense sticks at home. I've also never bothered to pay enough attention to how they smell to differentiate them.
Funny smoke smells nice, makes me happy.

• Love
Reactions: Bunny Lvr
My boyfriend is big on wax melts and incense, but I'm a big candle guy. It's also interesting how different our scent preferences are. His room always smells like a bakery, especially around the holidays, and mine always smells like a crisp evergreen hiking trail

If you like spicy or citrusy scents, I recommend bergamot and palo santo incense. If you like sweet scents, try floral or bakery-themed wax melts

Users who are viewing this thread