Local times showing in profiles

Mambi

1 January 2023
East coast, Canada
Hya, chatting with others last night I had a thought I figured I'd share as a suggestion. We were all online and for some of us it was midnightish and others it was like 3 AM and others it was just past supper. Catch is unless we asked nobody knew and it was tricky to keep track sometimes of WHEN everyone was on from their POV.

So I was thinking...is there a way that say in the profile that shows online status or something that it can display the time it is for them? Say when you hover over their pic it says "currently 9:26 PM local time for user" or something similar? Alternately even if it just showed their registered timezone (ATC, EST, PAC, etc) that would be useful and we can do the math ourselves. Saves the trouble of constantly being confused when some of us are waking up and others are just heading out from work, or being like 8:00 our time and knowing how long we got before someone probably has to crash would be nice before getting too deep into a chat...not realizing form their POV it's like 2:00 AM and they're fading fast. :)

Just a random suggestion and thought. Whatcha think?

Users who are viewing this thread