Predators Vs. Prey

But Universe, how can you teach it right from wrong when even the AI system itself, built upon 1 and 0, could be "wrong"? How can 0 even exists? We've given it a name and a value, so it must, but it's meaning indicates a lack of existence!

.... please excuse me while I have an existential crisis.
debates linking a video were someone tries using nerve cells like a computer

debates linking a video were someone tries using nerve cells like a computer
Do they succeed o: ?

So I can't help but be really curious - do you guys actually listen to music every day?! Even for me that seems to be a tad too much :0
I feel you on this one Guifrog. I think it's too much too. It's like numbing the brain towards the emotional power of music to me.

PS: Actually, to be fair, if we even chose not to listen to a song, but put on a video/watch TV/watch a movie, we technically are listening to music. I guess it depeneds how you define listening to music.

Right! I just saw somebody opening up this discussion on Twitter (I still check it every once in a blue moon) mentioning that they were shocked to learn how common it is for people to listen to music every day. And then I got shocked when I saw the responses to that thread, 95% along the lines of "wait, you mean... YOU DON'T???"

I mean, while I was raised in a small town, I DID get to live in a big city for a while and took the public transport for hours, so I can understand the idea of putting on your headphones there. Yet I'd never do it because... I guess it never crossed my mind or I wasn't used to it O__o

• Wow
Reactions: metatherat
the crabsquid disables your lights before you can read it
luckily the CRABSQUID-RAT DICTIONARY is scent-based
So I can't help but be really curious - do you guys actually listen to music every day?! Even for me that seems to be a tad too much :0
I do! I am listening to music right now 🎶 🐀 🎶
I feel you on this one Guifrog. I think it's too much too. It's like numbing the brain towards the emotional power of music to me.
The trick is to listen to a wide variety of music imo :3
I can't really imagine not listening to music when I have a chance to do so, I find it music increases the quality of your life intensely and is also a curiously powerful way to affect your emotional state 🔊 🐀 ✨

• Wow
Reactions: Guifrog
luckily the CRABSQUID-RAT DICTIONARY is scent-based

I do! I am listening to music right now 🎶 🐀 🎶

I can't really imagine not listening to music when I have a chance to do so, I find it music increases the quality of your life intensely and is also a curiously powerful way to affect your emotional state 🔊 🐀 ✨
the crabsquid tries to eat you

Do they succeed o: ?

PS: Actually, to be fair, if we even chose not to listen to a song, but put on a video/watch TV/watch a movie, we technically are listening to music. I guess it depeneds how you define listening to music.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bEXefdbQDjw&pp=ygUTcmF0IGNlbGxzIHBsYXkgZG9vbQ%3D%3D

I rarely watch TV/movies, but there are some nights when I watch live streams. Am counting these moments, too, and I don't watch streams every day either
That poses another question - do you manage to pay attention to the songs at the same time you're concentrated in something else?

Reactions: metatherat
That poses another question - do you manage to pay attention to the songs at the same time you're concentrated in something else?
It depends entirely on the song, and what I am doing. If I am doing something that requires concentration, I usually do not pay all that much attention to the music, and usually listen to something I am already familiar with :3

Reactions: Guifrog
And now, it is work time for the ratto. See you furpals laterr :3
picks up the RAT-BRIEFCASE

I CANNOT go without listening to music. I've never heard of people NOT listening. How do you do it? If I'm working in listening to music. If I'm relaxing in listening to music.
I've had a very odd relationship with music. It was for me once like a religion: I started bands, played some local concerts, nerded over every possible aspect of music, even started seeking out more obscure international music, heck some spiritual. I searched for meaning within the beeps and the boops and everyone knew me as "the music guy".

One day I started work at an office which had the modern pop station running all the time on the radio. This station was basically the fast food of music. I cannot describe how much it bugged me xD in hindsight I can ALMOST laugh about it! Gosh, that hit me where it hurt the most. Worst yet: the people I worked with WANTED to listen to this station that repeated the same songs over and over and over.

Ever since then I want to give music some more time to breathe. Let her entice the air with her beautiful waves, but also let her rest. Miss her from time to time. Daydream until I get back to her again and then enjoy my time with her. Make it something precious. The poor thing, she's been through a lot...

PS: I'm no saint though, I do enjoy trashy karaokes and people with 0 technical background just making music. There's something exciting about that, even if it doesn't always turn out as something one could call "beautiful"

Users who are viewing this thread