The FP-Quiz Show

Oh~ don't worry Tequila ^^; he's just rediscovering his love for cooking

holds up a sign with "help me" written on it upside down

Since you didn't cheat by looking it up Tequila we'll put in a good word for you by the Ministry of Foxes, so that they don't revoke your Fox liscence (I personally had no idea before creating this question).
The answer was indeed A: Vixey! Congratulations UnknownAspect! You're on a roll!

‐---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next question: Born on the 5th of August 1860 in London, an English artist left his mark on the art world by first drawing anthropomorphic cats and Kittens in everyday human situations.
Kittycats.jpg

His style would change rapidly though after being certified "insane" in 1924. During his last few years living in mental hospitals he would continue to paint, creating very abstract Kittens indeed.
Psychedeliccats.png
He died on the 4th of July 1939 in Napsbury Hospital. What was the artists name?

20240312_132815.jpg

Oh~ don't worry Tequila ^^; he's just rediscovering his love for cooking

holds up a sign with "help me" written on it upside down

Since you didn't cheat by looking it up Tequila we'll put in a good word for you by the Ministry of Foxes, so that they don't revoke your Fox liscence (I personally had no idea before creating this question).
The answer was indeed A: Vixey! Congratulations UnknownAspect! You're on a roll!

‐---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next question: Born on the 5th of August 1860 in London, an English artist left his mark on the art world by first drawing anthropomorphic cats and Kittens in everyday human situations.
View attachment 8512

His style would change rapidly though after being certified "insane" in 1924. During his last few years living in mental hospitals he would continue to paint, creating very abstract Kittens indeed.
View attachment 8513
He died on the 4th of July 1939 in Napsbury Hospital. What was the artists name?

View attachment 8514
brrrzlblblzlbl

C!
(There are two C. choices, there. It was actually Louis Wain, but it is vastly more fun to pretend that J.M.W. Turner painted demonic abstract kitties)

Reactions: Wuff-Wuff
(Oh darn it xD! Thanks Meta for pointing that out; that's my bad. I guess just name the C. you mean if you're going for C.!)

Say Sparky, didn't anyone bother to fix all of the buzzers? What's that? We gave Meta a weird sounding one on purpose? Fair enough, he is turning out to be the Alan Davies of this quiz anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: metatherat
Oh! Forgot to answer! I was also going for Louis Wain, by process of elimination. I'm familiar with Dadd and Turner's work, and Munch was Norwegian.

It looks like everyone has gone with C. Well, I have good and bad news at the same time: you're both right AND wrong! Congmiserations!
Yes indeed, this mental juggling of doublethink was to show our contestants the insanity the artist had to go through! ....

Really Sparky? Is this how we're going to cover up our mistake? Fine, fine! But yes, you all know your art! :D It was Louis Wain
wain-louis-1200x861.jpg

------‐------------------‐-------------------------------------------------------------

Next Question: This ones dedicated to Mr. the Rat! In the film Charlotte's Web we are introduced to a character who loves being gluttonous. What was the name of this mischievous rat?
Charlottesrat.jpg

20240312_111534.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
(Incidentally, I love Templeton. Him singing about the veritable smörgåsbord was the high point of the whole movie. Although I may perhaps be somewhat biased, I think every movie should have rats singing about stuff)

Reactions: Wuff-Wuff
Buuuuuzzz

@metatherat
Sorry A.....I have not seen the movie but I guess

I don't know if it still holds up today, it's been ages since I've seen it, but it does have a very fond place in my memory :D I'd say give it a go if you get the chance. I'm biased though, since it does have a kind, gentle and motherly spider in it ❤️ I love spiders.

(Incidentally, I love Templeton. Him singing about the veritable smörgåsbord was the high point of the whole movie. Although I may perhaps be somewhat biased, I think every movie should have rats singing about stuff)

Oh yeah! I love that scene in which the rat, possibly called Templeton, Fenton, Winston or Marcelle Toing, sings at the fareground. I think your bias is closer to the objective truth than you think Meta! :D

• Haha
Oh, who am I kidding, of course Mr. the Rat was right! Templeton was his name! What's that Sparky, Mr. the Rat's answer was "Meta"? I guess no one got it this round!

Incidentally dear contestants, please don't hesitate to answer questions dedicated to other contestants. It's a new thing we're testing out to make the Quiz more interactive! You see, viewership numbers have plummeted and the station is threating to cancel us :'3 tehehe ;^; nnngh

So without further ado, our next question, which is dedicated to UnknownAspect!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: The word "Badger", if we believe Wikipedia for one second, comes from the Middle English word "bageard". What does "bageard" mean?

20221102_125623.jpg
PS: the dedicational questions are really just a way to say thanks to you guys :3 ❤️

Last edited:
Aah~! Please, everyone! Stop fight-
..... huh? The viewer ratings!

I mean, everyone! We will provide even more Danish snails later in our pit of death that you can all fight over. Who will be the food champion? You won't want to miss this at home folks, but first, the Quiz must continue!

... no if course we don't have the budget for that Sparky, pssht!

Ehm~ it seems that the lovely Ms. Aspect wears the badge of honour this time! C is correct.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next question is dedicated to the wonderful Ms. Fox!
The Danish managed to cheat the system and have not one, not two, but three national animals! The national bird is the mute swan and the national butterfly is the small tortoiseshell, but what is their national mammal?

20240314_203553.jpg

Last edited:
Aah~! Please, everyone! Stop fight-
..... huh? The viewer ratings!

I mean, everyone! We will provide even more Danish snails later in our pit of death that you can all fight over. Who will be the food champion? You won't want to miss this at home folks, but first, the Quiz must continue!
imagines a pit filled with attractive anthro snails from Denmark
Now that's good television :O
The next question is dedicated to the wonderful Ms. Fox!
The Danish managed to cheat the system and have not one, not two, but three national animals! The national bird is the mute swan and the national butterfly is the small tortoiseshell, but what is their national mammal?
hrrggghhhhhhhhbzhh

What, huh?! I was imagining some anthro snails. Is "anthro snails" the answer?

hrrggghhhhhhhhbzhh

What, huh?! I was imagining some anthro snails. Is "anthro snails" the answer?

Ehm~ dear Mr. the Rat, I'm not sure how to tell you this, but snails are gastropods and we are looking for mammals. In fact, YOU are a mammal!
[que dramatic revelation music]

• Haha

Users who are viewing this thread